06/06/2017

Barbie Collection #2 Fashion Play dolls

Hi all,

A few years back I told you that i rediscovered two fashion play dolls from my childhood collection and that they were the most beautiful barbies to me.
I decided then to get the entire collection of Barbie Fashion Play from the 80's.
It took me a while , because like most of european exclusive, they are hard to find and expensive... so hard to find, that I'm still missing one of them :(

But anyway, here are my FASHION PLAY barbie dolls :




These dolls were produced from 1983 to 1989 and were only sold in Europe and later in Canada which makes them rare and valuable.

BUT : some of the clothes worn by the dolls were also released on the american market as simple fashions under the name : Fashion Fun.
So owning the dress don't mean you owned the doll.



This great line of dolls started in 1983. There were actually 2 series made that year, though the second one was released in 1984.
They have different faces and make up but share the same product code : #7193.

Here is the first serie from 1983 :

Only the one with the pink dress is from my childhood, and i had to make the belt because i lost the original one. 
The others i got from ebay. I absolutely love the one with the striped dress, she's one of the first i bought. I think their make up is perfect! :)
I'm only missing the one in the silver dress, i hope i will find her someday!
They were all made in Philippines.


Here is the second serie :

These dolls were manufactures in 1983 but released in 1984. They were all made in Philippines.

Here is the third serie from 1984:

From this third serie, 2 are from my childhood. The one called Star Saint Trop here in France (2nd from the left) and the last one with the purple dress. I loooove that dress! I had to reroot that doll because i use to play "punk dolls" as a kid and many of my barbies lost their hair :D. She was my first reroot ever and you can tell the hair have a different color.
They were all made in Philippines except the one with the pink overall which was made in Malaysia.




French Mattel catalogue from 1984

Here is the fourth serie from 1986
I only had Barbie Loisirs as a child (the 1st one) but i lost her, so i had to buy them all last year. I'm really happy i found the one with the alternative dress! 

They were all made in Philippines.



Thought it was interesting to see the different boxes. The last two are from Canada, the one with the dog and motorcycle is from France, not sure about the first one...




Here is the fifth serie from 1987 :
The last one with the purple dress is from my childhood. Only the strap from the dress was missing so i sew a new one. My favorite is the one with the red skirt. I love her hair and red lipstick! They are all from Philippines.


Here is the sixth serie from 1988 :
The pink one i had to buy again, because the one from my childhood lost her dress. The blue one is the one i had as a kid, but her hair were so messy, i restyled them a bit. They're both from China. I really like the pink and blue theme, i think because i couldn't choose the one i preferred, i had both! 


Here is the last serie i own from 1989 (They also did 2 more fashion play dolls in 90 & 91):
:DkjhuuhI only found out about these two barbies a year ago i think and bought them then. I really like their faces, the plastic of the pink one seems a bit different to the touch... it's hard to explain, but there a little bit of glitter on it maybe that's why.
They were made in China.


Finally I also had 3 naked fashion play dolls so I decided to have them wear fashion fun outfits. The one on the left is from 1983 and wearing the outfit #2087, the one sitting in a chair is from my childhood collection but she had no hair and no clothes left. She's from 1988 and wearing the outfit #2093. And the Barbie on the right is from 1989. She's wearing the outfit #2089.

So that's it with my fashion play collection, I hope you enjoyed those pictures and some of these beautiful and rarely seen dolls!

It's also interesting to know that in 1984, six fashion play dolls were made in France with a different head mold. Ironically, i don't own any... yet ;)



Here's the commercial released at the time:
http://www.ina.fr/video/PUB3249889071#=_=

But more about these french dolls another time... ;)

+++




2 commentaires: